|Safe Food Handling Instructions
1. Always cook whole poultry to 85C or 180F. Do not consume poultry with "pink" flesh or bones.
2. Fresh poultry can be stored in the refrigerator at 0 to 4 degrees Celcius for 24 hours. In the
freezer section, you can store fresh poultry for 7 days. To store longer, use a deep freezer which
will keep your poultry fresh for 6 months.
Read the detailed instructions below to protect you and your family from contaminated foo
|Bacteria can spread throughout the kitchen and get into cutting boards, utensils, sponges and counter tops.
* Wash your hands with hot, soapy water before handling food and after using the bathroom,
changing diapers and handling pets.
* Wash your cutting boards, dishes, utensils and counter tops with hot, soapy water after preparing
each food item and before you go on to the next food.
* Use plastic or other non-porous cutting boards. These boards should be run through the
dishwasher - or washed in hot, soapy water - after use.
* Consider using paper towels to clean up kitchen surfaces. If you use cloth towels, wash them often
in the hot cycle of your washing machine.
* Always wash fruits and vegetables before eating or cooking them.
* Safe handling of meats, poultry, lamb and seafood can help stop the spread of bacteria throughout
the kitchen and home.
Cross-contamination is the scientific word for how bacteria can be spread from one food product to another. This is especially true when handling raw meat, poultry and seafood, so keep these foods and their juices away from ready-to-eat foods.
* Seperate raw meat, poultry and seafood from the foods in your grocery shopping cart and in your
* If possible, use a different cutting board for raw meats.
* Always wash hands, cutting boards, dishes and utensils with hot soapy water after they come in
contact with raw meat, poultry and seafood.
* Never place cooked food on a plate which previously held raw meat, poultry and seafood.
* Stop cross-contamination and practice safe handling by never mixing raw or cooked meats,
seafood, poultry or lamb.
[Orders] [Prices] [Products] [Contact Us]
|[Home]||[Food Safety Continue]|